[Photo.27/(007)] The Seska-Solsa Chapel near Salgi village, Hamhin community
View looking along narrow limestone ridge towards the small chapel perched overlooking the valley. Pencilled note on mount reads: ‘Seska-Solsa (?). Ancient chapel possibly Christian between the Assa and the Terah in country of the Galgais.’ Reproduced in J.F. Baddeley, ‘The Rugged Flanks of Caucasus’ (2 vols, OUP, 1940), vol. 1, p. 216.
Part of a collection of eight loose prints on decorative card mounts with photographer’s logo (L. Rogozinski, Vladikavaz) at bottom left corner. Captioned in Russian in the negative. Original negative not held.