Temple of Balkumari (?), Kwachhen, Patan.
Inscribed: The Kwachhe Dewal of Patan, (Sacred to the Ashthmatrikas Gunas. Repaired by Jugicha Kaji 742 Newar era & again in 815 by Daya Ram). No 21.Signed: Raj Man Singh.Watermark dates the paper to 1841.See: J.P. Losty, ”The architectural monuments of Buddhism’: Hodgson and the Buddhist architecture of the Kathmandu Valley’ in Waterhouse, The Origins of Himalayan Studies (London) 2004.From the collection of Brian Houghton Hodgson.
Pencil drawing : paper size: 30 x 48.6 cm, mount size: 55 x 66 cm.
Chitrakar, Raj Man Singh
Hodgson, Brian Houghton
RAS Hodgson 022.021.
Click on the following link to open a full-screen view of the image: